The holiday’s are approaching rapidly! For Entrepreneurs, it can be a profitable season, or slow depending on your type business. If you see yourself having some time before the New Year, maximize it by doing something for yourself. Take time to build a better you!
Reading and feeding your mind is always beneficial, but how about stepping out of the box. Do something outside your comfort zone. Watching and listening to yourself are highly effective methods to create improvement. Maybe you have listened to a recorded conference call where you were a speaker, or a presentation that was taped. Going back and reviewing, we always see room for improvement. Maybe just a little or a lot! Either way, all it takes is practice, patience and action.
I recently started doing this myself as an outlet for growth. Then selecting a time and day that my office would be reasonably quiet, I followed the guidelines below. The videos are not perfect and they don’t have to be. By taking consistent action once a week, they are improving and so is my confidence in front of the camera.
Here are 5 Simple Keys that are essential to follow when creating your videos
1. Create great and valuable content.- Here is where you want to share your expertise with your audience. What works well is to address a problem or challenge that your target market may be experiencing. Then, offer a solution to the problem. Be sure to provide viable tips and strategies they can use and implement right away in their lives or their business. Don’t be afraid to give up the goods. That will leave them wanting more and seeing you as the expert.
2. Relax and be yourself. – Make sure you are being genuine and authentic. Don’t try to be like someone else. Speak from your heart. This is how your ideal client will connect with you and how you will earn their trust.
3. Produce a quality video.- Your video does not have to be professionally produced, however, it should be professional looking. Make sure you have quality speakers for good sound and make sure the lighting is good. If your video is not good quality your audience will most likely stop watching or view you as being unprofessional.
4. Keep your video to 2-5 minutes in length. – Many individuals are extremely busy and let’s face it, we have short attention spans when it comes to watching a video. Make it short and to the point. The only time I recommend going over the 5 minute mark is when you are creating training videos for a target audience. Since they have paid for the training you are providing, they are more willing to watch it’s entirety because of investment.
5. Create a strong call to action.- This is probably the most important key. It is essential that you direct your audience to what you want them to do next. You can do this by making an irresistible offer. For example; Go to this website to sign up for my free guide as my special gift to you (it’s valued at $xyz). Or, go to this website to register for my free tele-seminar. It can also be an invitation to sign up for one of your products or programs at a limited time offer. If you are not doing this, you are missing the opportunity to provide your client the chance to work with you further, or to receive access to the solution of their problem.
With all the technology at our fingertips, the options are endless for getting yourself out there. Video is one that fits right into our social media world. Just ask a teenager about Snapchat or a Vine video. Teenagers are becoming famous all over the world by doing videos less than 10 seconds in length.
I challenge you to commit to and then create your first video (if you haven’t done so already). This is a great time to shine and let your prospective clients see you as the brilliant expert that you are!
Love and Success,
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE? You can, but please include the complete blurb below.
Megan is a wife, a mother of three and an entrepreneur. She currently owns two companies, Silverlining Concepts, LLC and Ultimate Bodies Pilates. Megan is an Entrepreneur Success Strategist, a Transformational Leader, Speaker, Author, a Certified Life Coach and a Comprehensively Trained Certified Peak Pilates Instructor. She is the creator and host of the globally recognized Step Into Success Summit for Women Entrepreneurs.
Megan has been an entrepreneur for over 25 years and has built 7 businesses from the ground up, so she knows a thing or two about business. She has also helped 1000’s of small business owners reach their financial goals. She customizes personalized packages to assist individuals in transforming their mind, businesses and their lives. Her specialty and passion is to empower individuals to own their value to they can share their gifts and get paid generously for it! Megan also teaches her clients how to live authentic, joyful lives, focusing on self-care, life balance and purpose.
She is currently writing a book, that encompasses much of the work she assists her clients with called “The Passion Belief Method – Own Your Value and Earn Your Worth in Business”. She’s excited to be fulfilling one of her life long dreams by writing this book. The book is expected to be out the end of 2014. Get free tips and strategies for your business at www.megantull.com